[rpd] Yet more false allegations

Paul Hjul hjul.paul at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:49:24 UTC 2021

> Message: 3

> Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 13:39:08 +0300

> From: Noah <noah at neo.co.tz>

> To: Paul Hjul <hjul.paul at gmail.com>

> Cc: rpd List <rpd at afrinic.net>

> Subject: Re: [rpd] False allegations by Fernando Frediani

> r2bg at mail.gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 12:54 PM Paul Hjul <hjul.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Message: 1

> >> Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 11:04:20 -0300

> >> From: Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com>

> >> To: rpd at afrinic.net

> >> Subject: Re: [rpd] More confusion from Noah

> >> What is the propose of this direct and personal attack towards Noah ?

> >> If we use such words when we dislike other's people points we tend to

> >> turn this forum in a very bad place.

> >> I believe calling people crook and liar is not in accordance to multiple

> >> points AfriNic Code of Conduct mainly I and III and should not be

> >> tolerated.

> >> Therefore if this is not repaired by the author I want to call for the

> >> attention of the Co-Chairs and Staff for this violation of Code of

> >> Conduct as these situations should not be stimulated or tolerated.

> >> Regards

> >> Fernando

> > I did not call him a crook or a liar. I would only do so after a

> > foundation to do so is established. I identified him as a bad faith

> actor,

> > for which there is a firm foundation both in this thread (his attempt at

> > intimidation) and generally.

> Please.....Your attempt to smear me wont work. So many apologists of IPv$

> Brokers have tried since 2008.

> > This forum is a very bad place because of the bad faith and unresponded

> > attempts to intimidate and belittle which Noah has made a staple of his

> > engagements with people.

> Grow a backbone dude... You are the bad faith actor purporting to be self

> righteous.

> One of the means of attempting to intimidate that people embark on is to

> > drive communication away from the group - as would occur if I replied to

> > his email to me - it is a tactic and not one that should be appreciated.

> Shame on you Liar. I did not respond to you alone, I responded to you and

> the entire rpd group which was also in copy.

> *The archive of my response to you which you claim was private is publicly

> available here.*

> *https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013441.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013441.html>*

> Stop lying to the group that I messaged you privately yet the message is

> perfectly achieved publicly for the record.

> If you are going to attempt to smear me or intimidate me with your

> supremacist crap, try harder dude.

> Cheers,

> Noah

Please.....Your attempt to smear me wont work. So many apologists of IPv$
Brokers have tried since 2008.

I am not making any attempt to smear you - quite a victim mentality claim
implied there. You do a perfectly good job of damaging your own standing. I
am still battling to grasp what you mean by IPv$ Brokers. Are you referring
to the individuals in Africa who put money into their own personal pocket
as an "assistance donation" to facilitate getting numbering resources
available as from a resource holder and the entity in need? Or are you
referring to lawfully operating businesses that undertake the activity of
facilitating commerce between commercial entities?
It's difficult not to suspect that to bolster the business of the first you
want to demonise the second.

For what it is worth there would be no business for "brokers" of the second
kind if the market was able to move to efficiency and more importantly in
order for firms to compete with each other in the space they actually have
to add value. If you are referring to an exercise of improperly obtaining
resources the term broker is wholly wrong - your friend Ernest's real
crimes weren't so much in brokering as in other activities [again let me
point out you've referred to him as your friend, even well after his
criminality was exposed] .

As for "backbones", trust me I have nothing lacking in that department and
its a curious angle of attack from you. I am not sure whether its part of
your general routine of insult or whether its projecting. My hunch is a
little of column a and a little of column b.

Shame on you Liar. I did not respond to you alone, I responded to you and
the entire rpd group which was also in copy.

*The archive of my response to you which you claim was private is publicly
available here.*

*https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013441.html
<https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013441.html>*

Stop lying to the group that I messaged you privately yet the message is
perfectly achieved publicly for the record.

I did not claim that you messaged me privately (if you were to do so
same would be relayed to the group with an explicit assertion of same) - on
the contrary I set out that you had CC'd the group. What I complained of is
that in adopting that course you structured the discourse such that if I
replied it would be off group or at the very least had I replied all the
group would be a secondary recipient. There is absolutely no reason for you
to email me and carbon copy (rather than render in the to line) the group
and a glance at the correspondence on the group makes it clear that only a
faction of users are adopting the practice and that this faction are tend
to behave as a mob. There is a massive difference between "to" and "cc" by
placing the group on "cc" you are placing the group "in copy" and moving
the discussion as one between two participants (as primary) and with the
group only being informed of you doing so. One other person has replied to
the group and CC'd me and I've received a direct email from one person who
is a good faith actor - hence the invitation to the same class of posters.
Calling me a liar while misrepresenting what I said is pretty damn
disingenuous. While it would be a little too far to call you a liar at this
juncture I can't help but start understanding why somebody would assume
that if I speak of a liar I am thinking of you.

Finally did you seriously just allege that I am a "supremacist"? Coupled
with your false and unfounded allegation that I am a liar its becoming
pretty clear that not only do you pollute the discussion with confusion,
discord and error but you are also quite keen on making serious scurrilous
and vexatious attacks of a personal nature as part of an ad hominem form of
erroneous reasoning. All of this makes the conclusion that you are quite a
nasty piece of work difficult not to reach.

And it is to that first paragraph that we must return. You see I know your
game and I know the fact that you'll build up a little sock puppet clan to
come and create a noise and you'll render this working group dysfunctional
and eventually people will fall back and then you'll propose disastrous
policies - despite the fact that same policy contradicts a policy on which
consensus was reached and then dysfunction brought - that serve no purpose
other than to further harm the sector on this continent. You'll then blame
a lack of hand out to Africa despite the fact that per capita the country
of India has been made very short on IPv4 resources and as a result is
innovative in ensuring IPv6 deployments.

Paul