[rpd] Summary of proposals: IPv4 Runout Management

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Nov 8 20:34:23 UTC 2016

On 8 Nov 2016 23:20, "Andrew Alston" <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

> So once again – I oppose this policy – for every reason I have stated
time and again – and now based on these calculations which show that this
policy just screws the newcomer, screws the consumer, and benefits the
large players who already have space and established infrastructure.

This policy is actually great for new comers and consumers because it need
based rather than finish that soft landing space fast by allocating it to
folks who need it now now.

ISP with huge space tend to sub allocate to their customers who can justify
the need without a problem as this has been the practice all along. No one
wants to loose a customer.

Some ISP even recommend new consumers to get own allocations from Afrinic
and they surely will need to find some available IPv4 space as the IPv6
internet continues to grow sponteneously.

> Andrew

Noah