[rpd] Summary of proposals: IPv4 Runout Management

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Nov 8 20:38:08 UTC 2016

Noah,

The current policy is needs based – completely.

I presume you haven’t done an application recently since you’re sitting on that /12 at your current employer and haven’t seen just how difficult it is to get space and justify it, so its understood that you don’t quite see just how needs based it currently is and how strictly its enforced.

And yeah – it’s easy to support it when you’re sitting on a /12 worth of space and can allocate to customers while your competition has to pay out masses of money to do exactly what you can do for no cost.  But no one begrudges you that, you got the space legitimately with a legitimate application.  I just want everyone else to have the same opportunities.

Andrew