[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Wed Oct 26 14:33:35 UTC 2016

Hi Serge, Andrew,

At 04:44 26-10-2016, Andrew Alston wrote:
>The moment that we put it in the hands of the co-chair's to start
>driving towards consensus, rather than simply gauging it, we are on
>a slippery slope where the neutrality mandate given to the chair's
>becomes a moot point.  I don't think we want to be in that situation
>personally.

Please see:
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005753.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005754.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005756.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005757.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005758.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005759.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005761.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005762.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005765.html

Which of the above messages should not be taken into account for the decision?

If the Chairs were not allowed to drive the group towards consensus,
there wouldn't be any soft-landing policy.

I read the meeting comments for AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT-02 and
AFPUB-2016-V4-002-DRAFT01.  I do not have any way to verify whether
the minutes are accurate.  Is a recording of the meeting publicly available?

It is easy to tell a person to write a draft policy and get consensus
on it.  It is improbable that there will be consensus when there is
too much conflict within the group.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy