[AfriNIC-rpd] Draft Agenda for Policy Discussions @ AfriNIC16

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:36:02 UTC 2012

Hi SM, All

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> Hi McTim, Paulos,
>
> The draft agenda for AfriNIC16 was posted on May 5 ( https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002122.html ) and it lists two proposals.  The PDWG Chairs stated that proposals are required by 11 April 2012 as required by the PDP for items to qualify for the agenda of AFRINIC-16 ( https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/001981.html ).

That mail says:

"preferably by 11 April 2012 as required by the PDP for items to
qualify for the agenda of
AFRINIC-16."

We had hoped to get them by the 11th so that an ID and review by
co-chairs could have occurred before the 19th.

the Sentence perhaps could/should have had an "or" inserted to read:

"preferably by 11 April 2012 OR as required by the PDP for items to
qualify for the agenda of
AFRINIC-16."

> The "Anycast Assignments in the AfriNIC region" proposal was made available on April 18 ( https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002062.html ).

I sent both on the 17th, according to my mail account.  Perhaps the
listserv didn't send it until the 18th?

> The "No Reverse Unless Assigned" proposal was made available on April 18 ( https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002063.html ).
>
> Is there any explanation about why the requirements stated in the PDP were not followed?

I believe they were.  If we misled ppl to believe that the 11th was
the deadline, then apologies for any confusion.

The big picture is that despite repeated requests for the last several
months,  3out of five proposals were sent AFTER the deadline.

We will still talk about these 3 during Open Policy Hour, they just
won't be "on the agenda".

With my PDWG hat off, I would say that AOB section of the agenda might
be a place to discuss these other 3.

--
Cheers,

McTim