[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Candidates Matrix

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:11:04 UTC 2022

Hello Sylvain,
Applying or getting nomination itself is a job on it's own.

The records are there to examine if we decide to dig down.

The matrix has made selection easy enough to do the selection by rough
concensus if not by consensus which definitely favours one candidate over
the others.

Having to write long statements to justify a VOLUNTEER NON PAID position
when the CV itself speaks volume in addition to the matrix is a no brainer
to me.

I like fairness and process.

>From a previous NomCom experience, if the nominees fail to tick certain
documented criteria such as as a simple matrix, we halt the the progress of
such applications going forward.

It is vexatious, waste of time and retrogressive to put the entire
community through the stress of reading every documentation of the
candidates when only one candidate meets the basic matrix of selection
criteria this same RPD established and agreed upon.

Besides Darwin is a previous Cochair. I'm sure that experience counts also
in his favour rather than wasting time of community contributors.

The earlier the better we get over this and get down to serious policy
work.

Caleb Ogundele