[rpd] Criteria for Eligibility or Selection of PDWG Co-Chairs

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Feb 19 05:51:34 UTC 2021

Hi PDWG participants,

Could we as a WG participants agree on a set of criteria for a WG
participant to become a co-chair.

This I believe is more important and I had shared some few ideas below a
separate thread but I think it would make sense to work this out on this
new thread.

Some thoughts that crossed my mind as criteria;

1. Active participation in WG discussions by a participant, in say, the
past 3 years.

2. Participant should demonstrate a clear understanding of the CPM and
especially sections that relate to the PDWG.

3. Participant should have some 5 years sound technical experience in this
space with a clear understanding of Internet Protocol and preferably having
worked in this space.

4. Affiliation with an entity which is am AFRINIC resource members could
come in handy for a participant interested in chairing policy discussions.

5. Understanding of rfc7282 and what rough consensus and consensus is all
about, after all consensus is a path and not a destination. This is very
important.

Other participants in this WG can also add and we see what criteria are
more required and which ones to discard to keep it simple.

I stand to be corrected but I think we as a WG have an obligation to first
sort this requirements out before we can think of the selection of the
interim co-chairs.

Cheers
Noah