[rpd] Abuse Contact Policy

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Sep 19 11:47:34 UTC 2020

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, 12:07 Frank Habicht, <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

> Hi,

> I request the chairs to agree that supporters of the policy have shown

> that a definition of "abuse" is not needed and continued calls for that

> are not relevant.

+1 and as one of the strong supporters of this policy and a resources
member, I would like to categorically state that the definition of abuse
and the need for an abuse-contact in the context of internet number
resources and their usage is widely understood by folk who operate real
networks and its rather odd that some members of this working group have
wasted so much time debating this.

FWIW, AFRINIC staff assessment clearly indicated that this policy would
contribute to the accuracy of the whois database to the benefit of all
resources members.

Cheers,
Noah