[rpd] RE : Larus foundation and Afrinic PDP

Eva Nadege N'Cho evayedidja at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:09:42 UTC 2020

+1 @Jean-Robert

Eva Yedidja

De : Jean-Robert Hountomey
Envoyé le :mardi 18 février 2020 15:49
À : Daniel Yakmut
Cc : AfriNIC Resource Policy Discussion List
Objet :Re: [rpd] Larus foundation and Afrinic PDP

> I have observed that people have gradually been staying away from these meetings for lack of funding.

> Consequently, if support ceases we are likely to have AfriNIC turn into a "Cabal", where only a privilege few that attend meeting determines what happens. This is dangerous and alienating.

Organizing local communities and encouraging Remote participation could help. And AfriNIC meetings are recorded. (1).

One could organise communities to attend AfriNIC Meetings remotely. RENs, Local ICT orgs, ISOC Chapters, informal gathering etc…  are good candidates for remote viewing and participation.

This can go as far as to invite past fellows, LIRs to get together locally, share their experience, expectations and discuss policies implications. One sees a greater impact.

(1). https://www.youtube.com/user/AfriNICMedia/videos

Jean-Robert Hountomey