[rpd] Assisted Registry Checks

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:16:29 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please see below (inline)...

Le 6/24/2019 à 9:37 PM, Dewole Ajao a écrit :
> [was Re: [rpd] Proposal Update received: Internet Number Resources
> Review by AFRINIC]
>
> With the type of audit/review being discussed, the costs may vary
> significantly from member to member - whether AFRINIC-side or
> Member-side.
>
> I have however in the past mentioned that RIPE NCC has something
> simple and time-efficient called Assisted Registry Checks and if I
> remember correctly, they aim to check records for every member once in
> two years. While we await the audit/review/recovery policy, it would
> be nice to see AFRINIC start to implement basic checks (even before a
> member comes for a repeat allocation).
>
> See
> https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/assisted-registry-check

Thanks for this share Dewole.

> These are simple checks to ensure registry accuracy and I see no
> reason why anyone would try to discourage AFRINIC from checking the
> accuracy of its records with the assistance of members.
>
> This first step we can all agree on and staff can implement almost
> immediately (in addition to the work they are already doing when
> members come to them with issues arising from our lame-delegations and
> no-reverse-unless-assigned policies).

I see that a similar mail [1] posted at the community-discuss list
(kickly) catched the attention of the CEO [2].

...may i suggest you to also post yours on that list ?

I'm still observing [3] how the Staff is involved on this list ; hoping
that the direct (timely & publicly) communication (CPM section 3.4.0),
with them will become fluid has promised [4] :-/

__

[1]: [Community-Discuss] Historical WHOIS data
<https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-June/003107.html>

[2]:
<https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-June/003108.html>

[3]: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2019/009626.html>