[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed May 9 09:10:32 UTC 2018

Agreed. Apparently - with the existing policy - we have only used half
of the last /8 - which would suggest that the existing policy is fine.

I'd like to see the current proposal dropped. I don't support it.

On 09/05/2018 09:50, aleruchi chuku wrote:
> Dear All
>
> It is quite clear from the mailing list responses (which by the way is
> much larger than the meeting in Dakar) that this proposed policy is
> Doomed to fail as the very community that will be required to use it,
> is not making any positive progress on the policy.
>
> Therefore as we discuss it in Dakar, we should consider discarding
> this policy and make progress in areas that will help us to deplete
> the remaining IPv4 quickly and bring in the deployment of IPv6 to the
> fore.
>
> It is important that we remove any personal attachment to the policy
> and push for ideas that will benefit the general community.
>
> My Opinion is simply that maintaining the previous soft landing policy
> is the best thing to do.
>

> Aleruchi
>

> On Sunday, May 6, 2018, 1:07:05 PM GMT+1, Andrew Alston
> <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
>

> Komi,
>

> So – in your email below you **acknowledge** that there are issues
> that remain unaddressed.
>

> You stated that CLEARLY in your email below – that right there –
> proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that consensus is impossible –
> because the definition of consensus states that ALL issues have been
> addressed – it does not limit that to those who issues you feel like
> addressing – nor does it limit those issues you must address to the
> people who like or the people who disagree with you.
>

> Thank you for confirming in a single email that you acknowledge there
> is no consensus – much appreciated
>

> Andrew

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496