[rpd] APNIC presentation prop-118

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 17:47:33 UTC 2017

On Friday, March 3, 2017, David Hilario <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net>
wrote:

> As the author of policy prop-118 to APNIC, I would like to inform the
> AFRINIC community of a topic that could also become relevant in this region
> too:
>
> https://www.apnic.net/community/policy/proposals/prop-118/
>
> The concept and the text are not originally mine, the no need policy comes
> from the discussion of the first transfer policy at APNIC, the concept was
> abandoned when ARIN introduced its policy of inter-RIR transfer, since ARIN
> can only transfer to a registry with a "need base policy".

This is simply absurd.

Prop-118 received a lot of support both in the room and in the mailing
> list, with only one strong objection, but due to a problem with APNIC's
> remote participation software,

We follow APNIC discussion. Do not mislead the community. There was no
problem with their software. You tried to cheat by putting fake
participants to vote for your policy and you were caught.

Your questionable ethic puts me at a position to oppose any policy you
introduce in our region.

J.