[rpd] Mass Hijacking of AFRINIC IPv4 Space by U.S.A. Spammers

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Nov 17 22:27:43 UTC 2016

Hi Ronald,
At 12:41 17-11-2016, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>So, you read my report on NANOG and then what?  You yawned, rolled over,
>and went back to sleep?  Did you mention that it might be worth reading
>to any of your Afrinic friends or collegues?

I wondered when you would send a message to a mailing list in this region.

I suggest contacting Afrinic by sending an email to contact at afrinic.net

>But anyway, the home country of the organizations which had had their IPv4
>space used and abused (due to disuse) is irrelevant.  Who issued these
>allocations in the first place?  What RIR has responsibility for them?

Some of the IPv4 address space is legacy stuff.  The answers to the
above questions depend on the person's interpretation of internet history.

>Does the country of South Africa, or even its government have a responsibility
>to be good stewards of the IPv4 address space?

It is up to the people in the country to respond to the above
question if they wish to do so.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy