[rpd] Mass Hijacking of AFRINIC IPv4 Space by U.S.A. Spammers

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Nov 17 21:15:48 UTC 2016

Ronald:

   But anyway, the home country of the organizations which had had their IPv4
    space used and abused (due to disuse) is irrelevant.  Who issued these
    allocations in the first place?  What RIR has responsibility for them?

  Who issued them? Either they were transferred in from ARIN or they pre-date even that in many cases pre-date even ARIN.  They weren’t issued by AfriNIC and aren’t bound by AfriNIC policies – AfriNIC are not the stewards of legacy space – I’d suggest you go and do some more research before you throw around sarcastic and defamatory statements – it took me all of around 15 seconds to check the publically available delegation database to find this out.

While you choose to sit there and make disparaging remarks about an entire continent and its RIR, I find it pretty typical that such remarks are made from an uninformed perspective that is backed by zero homework and no research whatsoever.  Before you whine about other people’s lack of response, maybe it would be good for you yourself to do your homework.

Andrew