[rpd] Summary of proposals: IPv4 Runout Management

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu Nov 10 06:54:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 11/10/2016 4:38 AM, Omo Oaiya wrote:
> FWIW, since some are thumping chests about IPv6 deployments,  I am sure
> Tamon and Brice can remember this
> - http://www.eko-konnect.org.ng/news/unilag-turns-ipv6-after-afrinic-training
> <http://www.eko-konnect.org.ng/news/unilag-turns-ipv6-after-afrinic-training>.
> As an aside, a model I'd recommend for AFRINIC training towards more v6
> deployments.
>
> This was in 2010 - 6 years ago.  The university found having to tunnel
> through HE for v6 Internet unsatisfactory and turned off the peering.
> There are quite a few others like this.

I know I'm getting off topic.

Their current only upstream is AS37282 MAINONE CABLE COMPANY and
they seem to have other IPv6 customers in Nigeria:
- AS37591 Heritage Banking Company Limited
- AS37555 FBN Capital

so maybe it's a good time to try again, without tunnel, with the same
upstream as for IPv4.

Greetings,
Frank