[rpd] Summary of proposals: IPv4 Runout Management

Kevin Kamonye kevin.kamonye at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:05:10 UTC 2016

In my view, both proposals are a not ideal but I will support the latter.

*¬001-DRAFT03*

Pros:
- *Action: Reserve a /13 for some future uses, as yet unforeseen...* <-
Ideally means less v4 would be available for allocation. Make this a /8 and
am all in.

Cons: -
- Everything.

- Special mention to old-school regulator mentality of 'protecting (read
denying)' resources by introducing unnecessary complications, and just
generally trying to tell others that you know what is best. And please,
this is not a personal attack on the authors who am sure are all members of
this community; this is just how it looks to me.

*¬002-DRAFT01*

Pros: -
*Allows the most rational depletion of v4, consequently encouraging compelling
the uptake of v6, even though it ensures v4 will still be relevant several
decades into the future

*Generally *more* clear and concise in what it aims to achieve and how to
achieve it.

Cons: -
Vague on how it will *Encourage the uptake of IPv6 in an aggressive manner*

Regards,

*Kevin*