[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Nov 1 13:09:00 UTC 2016

On 1 Nov 2016 at 8:06, Alan Barrett wrote:

> > Can AFRINIC clarify if this unfortunate arrangement has now improved?
>
> I don’t know what part of this arrangement you see as “unfortunate”,
> but if it’s simply the absence of a published guideline, then that can
> easily be fixed.

Indeed this is the unfortunate part, my observation is that there are no set rules or
terms as you have just confirmed, so every case has been treated as new with staff and
co-chairs following no clear published guideline ending in variable results. I could say
that you have been lucky in the cases that you have sited, not everyone has been so
lucky, including your cited cases.

Publishing such terms and / or guidelines will help with accountability.

If the "usual practice" can be based on set published terms then that will improve the
situation for co-chairs and am sure that the PDP co-chair position can become more
attractive to potential applicants.

I do not believe this has to wait for a PDP review.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD