[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Tue Nov 1 11:04:18 UTC 2016

Hi Paulos, Mark,
At 18:47 31-10-2016, Dr Paulos Nyirenda wrote:
>For example, when I was a Co-chair, there was not set rule on how or
>whether the
>co-chair is funded by AFRINIC to attend the Policy Meeting or any
>other AFRINIC meeting.
>The co-chairs have to make a request on a case by case basis, even
>then, there is no
>rule on how the co-chair makes the request, to whom and for what they qualify.

I don't recall whether I was asked or whether I requested travel
support for one or two meetings when I was a PDP Chair.  It was on a
case to case basis.  There was a per diem to cover daily expenses,
e.g. meals.  I assumed that travel support was not a problem for
other PDP Chairs as there wasn't any complaint about that.

At 05:22 29-10-2016, Mark Elkins wrote:
> From an experience point of view, I'd love volunteers to say that they
>had actually (co)authored a policy at some time.

That seems better than basing experience on how long the person has
been a subscriber to this mailing list.  I don't know whether it
would make much of a difference to the voters as over 50% of them are
newcomers.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy