[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Wed Nov 2 12:06:30 UTC 2016

> On 1 Nov 2016, at 18:39, Dr Paulos Nyirenda <paulos at sdnp.org.mw> wrote:
>>> Can AFRINIC clarify if this unfortunate arrangement has now improved?
>>
>> I don’t know what part of this arrangement you see as “unfortunate”,
>> but if it’s simply the absence of a published guideline, then that can
>> easily be fixed.
>
> Indeed this is the unfortunate part, my observation is that there are no set rules or
> terms as you have just confirmed, so every case has been treated as new with staff and
> co-chairs following no clear published guideline ending in variable results.

[…]

> If the "usual practice" can be based on set published terms then that will improve the
> situation for co-chairs and am sure that the PDP co-chair position can become more
> attractive to potential applicants.
>
> I do not believe this has to wait for a PDP review.

Thanks for highlighting the issue.  I have met with the PDWG co-chairs around the time of their election, and informed them of travel support arrangements, but I agree that the arrangements should be more widely publicised.  We will work on adding travel support information to the PDWG web page.  I also agree that this does not need to wait for a review of the policy development process.

Alan Barrett