[rpd] Lame delegation in AFRINIC WHOIS database

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Oct 26 08:40:06 UTC 2016

On 26/Oct/16 09:24, Amreesh Phokeer wrote:

> Questions to the community:
> 1. Should AFRINIC implement operational checks that are run
> periodically and members are informed about the status of their domain
> objects. After X reminders, if domain object still contain lame NS
> records, domain object are removed.

I would start with this, but relax the "removal" action if unresponsive,
as I am not sure whether the reason for a lack of response is obvious or
clear.

That said, after gaining experience on this, I suppose we could have
more reliable information to guarantee removal of the delegation without
causing any real pain to anyone.

Certainly, members being in the know that their delegations aren't
working correctly is a massive step in the right direction.

> 2. Should the AFRINIC community enforce lame delegation removal
> through a policy.

I'd be keen to review such a policy.

Mark.