[rpd] Policy Proposal Update - IPv4 Soft Landing-bis

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Aug 30 04:26:42 UTC 2016

Owen will have to find you the exact text (am on the road at the moment) but the implications were very clear, it meant that you could not use any form of address translation - whatever the IP the client hits whatever they are accessing on, must be the IP they got assigned.

This means if people want to access v4 sites they must be on public v4 space

It's done in the name of security, albeit in a very confused and silly manner :)

Andrew