[rpd] Policy Proposal Update - IPv4 Soft Landing-bis

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Aug 25 12:38:42 UTC 2016

Omo,

I am sorry to say this – but please, do not take the success of one IPv6 rollout and the challenges it involves, performed by someone who OPPOSSES your policy, to justify its existence.

Let me be VERY clear here – I am opposed to this policy – for every single reason I stated so clearly in Gaborone, I remain opposed to this policy, and if anything, the IPv6 rollout done by Liquid Telecommunications highlights many of the very reasons I AM opposed to this policy.

Large operators still need space – and it is the large operators that are actively DOING something about rolling out IPv6, and it is these same people who this policy would directly damage through its unjustified limitations that are not grounded in ANY empirical evidence and justification presented so far.

I remain committed to the repealing of the current limitations of the current policy until someone can empirically justify the numbers and limitations in the current policy with evidence to backup where they came from, and what the motivations behind those specific figures are – beyond just pure hyperbole and speculation.

But please, once again, do not use my emails and the successes of other people to justify something that those same people are highly opposed to.

Andrew