[rpd] Policy Proposal Update - IPv4 Soft Landing-bis

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Thu Aug 25 10:44:25 UTC 2016

Dear All,

The recent discussions leading from the Liquid Telecoms IPv6 deployment
have buttressed the reasoning and approach of this policy especially
Andrew's frank e-mails which were very much appreciated.

I summarise his key points as

- rolling out v6 on a wide scale isn't all easy sailing and while we must
encourage adoption, we need to find ways to surmount challenges and
widespread adoption will take some time.
- that IPv4 is critical, cannot be avoided and necessary to adopt IPv6

The authors have addressed the issues raised in Gaborone and barring any
others, I believe it is time we concluded on this proposal and moved this
on for ratification.

Best wishes
Omo

On 3 August 2016 at 20:15, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Hi Dewole,
>
> Thank you so much for sharing. We shall go through and comment.
>
> Noah
>
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Dewole Ajao <dewole at forum.org.ng> wrote:
>
>> Dear members,
>>
>> This is to inform you that the above named policy proposal has been
>> updated by the authors and the update published accordingly.
>>
>> Details can be found at the following URL:
>>
>> http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-pr
>> oposals/1815-ipv4-soft-landing-bis
>>
>> ID: AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT03
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> PDWG Co-Chairs

> --
> *./noah*

Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN
Mobile: +234 808 888 1571 , +221 784 305 224
Skype: kodion
http://www.wacren.net