[rpd] Improving participation of francophone and arab country (was Re: Contents of RPD digest...")

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Dec 30 07:51:08 UTC 2015

I think the current discussions are great. Good to see both Arabic and
French languages. Normally, there are the same dozen "usual suspects" on
the RPD list - of which I'm one.

RPD = AFRINIC Resource Policy Discussion List, where discussions about
Internet Number Resource Allocation Policies in the African region take
place (from the MailMan page).

Policy discussion can happen in any language. However, if one wants to
sway the majority of minds, English may be the best choice of language.
I understand that the operating Language of AFRINIC is English (as it is
in all other regions) and the Policies themselves need to be ultimately
written in English. I don't believe it would be correct to have a
policy, as such, on Languages. The primary purpose of the RPD is to have
discussions and ultimately policies regarding the Numbering Resources
used on the Internet, with a focus on the AFRINIC Region. (Remember,
some Policies may be Global!)