[rpd] Integrity Issues

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:20:26 UTC 2015

Sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 14 Jul 2015 9:07 am, "Seun Ojedeji" <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like to sight a short scenario;
SO:

Sight => cite

Cheers!

during the last AfriNIC PPM a community member suggested on the floor that
there is need to have both co-chairs before PDP can commence. Even though I
know that it is not procedurally correct that both chairs must be
physically present, observing the mood of the community (consensus wise) it
would become unwise of me to insist otherwise as that would only make
things more interesting than it should. So I asked myself 3 questions that
helped make decision:
> - Is this an observed view(wish) of the community present? - Yes
> - Does granting it compromise laid down guideline of the PDP? - No
> - Am I procedurally empowered to grant their request? - Yes
>
> While the situation may not be entirely similar, it is my hope that the
board would ask themselves those questions, make their decisions and stand
by it.