[rpd] AfriNIC RSA & policy improvement

Vladimir Kangin v at kangin.org
Mon Jun 22 02:47:53 UTC 2015

Dear same members of community,
Dear Alan,

I would like to make a regular digest about our (AS41095 IPTP Networks)
case progress not just for fun as most terrible experience ever I had
personally with any communities in the world. I hope that discussing our
experience would change AFRINIC for better for some other companies but
it's for future good while for now....

So far, one and half month passed Arthur and hostmasters of AFRINIC wake
up after long holidays in Tunis and have sent 1st message a week ago
standing on the same insane positions while all points looks like has
been rectified long time ago requesting from IPTP Networks evidence of
submarine capacity while evidence of our presence and uplink provider
AS3356 Level(3) they have in there hands including traceable IP assigned
to our equipment in Teraco LIVE!

It looks like hostmasters are very creative and read RSA the way they
like and basically could ask _anyone_ to proof _anything_ even that
would be beyond of policy goals. Kind of smart misreading of RSA... very
convenient... They can assign to some one /8 without questions (they
have two requests in place already!) or they can keep pending /22 as
long as they wish... Isn't it a very easy way to make people pay for IP?
Some board members want to become an IP brokers and trade IP.. Isn't
smart? You want to go though then pay money... sounds very good business
for them!

WE SHALL ADDRESS IT IN UPDATED POLICY ASAP!

Just did reply to there second fancy response I'm very curious what next
they would ask as they _definetly_ and it's obvious from correspondence
they do not want to allocate /22 for IPTP and just looking for a reason
to keep our request it in the infinitive loop. One month quietness..
then 1 email a week... Yes they are so busy... But I rather think it
could be a racism or personal misbehavior of hostmasters and we shall
find a way to avoid personal misbehavior of hostmasters affecting
allocation requests.

WE SHALL ADDRESS IT IN UPDATED POLICY!

Dear Barry,
Dear Seun,
Dear Alan,

Is it somewhere in policy written that to make life of applicants
miserable is appropriate behavior of hostmasters? Or it's a common sense
in AFRINIC?

Do you think that AFRINIC can be considered a serious organization with
such behavior? Do you really think that you have a working policy in
place?

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Kangin