[rpd] Last Call - Resource Reservation for Internet Exchange Points

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 18 05:45:49 UTC 2015

On 17/Jun/15 21:37, Lu Heng wrote:

> I respect your tech expertise, however, from what I understand, any
> major change to core router at cooperate level does require a
> complicated process. And there are technical and communication cost
> involved as well.

Some networks are run simpler.

> I would agree make life simpler for IXPs as they are one of very
> fundamental part of the internet.

It is not an issue of making life simpler, it is an option to consider
some of the practical issues of route server implementations. It is not
like folk are refusing progress.

Let's not try to infer that we should "save the poor people from
themselves", please...

Mark.