[rpd] Last Call - Resource Reservation for Internet Exchange Points

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 18 05:43:28 UTC 2015

On 17/Jun/15 20:58, H.Lu wrote:
> Partially agree, however reality must faced and unless someone going to pay for upgrade for all African ISPs, short ASN makes more sense for African Ixp.

I believe the issue is more with the route servers than the peer's routers.

In 2015, one would be hard-pressed to be running router code that does
not support 32-bit ASN's.

H.Lu, I find it disturbing that you'd assume all African ISP's and
African IXP's are not in a position to support 32-bit ASN's :-(.

Mark.