[AFRINIC-rpd] Re: Address Supporting Organization

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sat Feb 23 20:27:38 UTC 2013

Hi Douglas,
At 10:09 23-02-2013, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>No, this is not what I said or meant and is also tangential to our
>current subject --- at least as I understand.
>
>All use of the word "ASO" in my emails has and still remains in refers
>to the ASO address council as a whole, and not to individual members
>regardless of where they come from.  I recall including this in one of
>my initial emails.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.  I understand that the
word "ASO" is used as described above.

In case it is not clear, in my opinion Fiona and you have been
responsive.  I understand that both of you might be spending a lot of
your ASO time on administrative work.

There is an exchange between the acting CEO of AfriNIC and the
Interim co-chair at
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001603.html and
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001645.html  There was a
response to the questions and the answers were clear.  Informative
links were provided.  There wasn't any suggestion to "go and search
for information on the web site".  The [ASO] Chair asked the [ASO]
Secretariat to post some information in the interest of
accountability and transparency.  I only asked for that information
as I could not find it on the web site.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy