[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: PDP transition to AFPUB-2010-GEN-005

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:16:11 UTC 2010

HI SM,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:
> Hi McTim,
>
> It would be good if AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 takes effect as from AfriNIC-13 as
> that is what is written in the proposal.

Well what is written is:

"This policy will take effect at the first AfriNIC Public Policy
Meeting following the ratification by the AfriNIC Board of Directors."

 Two PDWG chairs will have to
> chosen for that to happen.  Could you comment on the mailing list about
> holding the election?

Yes, I can ;-)

Unfortunately, ratification of this proposal occurred less than 2
weeks before a PPM.

Generally, elections of this type take a minimum of 35 days to
organise, as can be seen here:

http://www.afrinic.net/elections/process/ep_pdpmg.htm

The feedback I am getting from the rest of the NomCom is that a
legitimate election
can't be organised in the next week.

Since the policy only takes effect at AfriNIC-13, then the first
possible opportunity
to hold an election will be AfriNIC-14

--
Cheers,