PDP transition to AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 (was: [AfriNIC-rpd] AfriNIC Board Ratifies AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 and AFPUB-2009-v4-002 Policy Proposals)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Nov 12 00:06:58 UTC 2010

Hi Alain,
At 13:50 11-11-10, ALAIN AINA wrote:
>Good news. So we will have in the agenda for johannesburg the
>election for the Policy development  WG chairs .

Yes, in my opinion that's the next step.  The proposal specifies when
it takes effect if it is ratified [1] as a policy (see last sentence
of Section 2 of AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 [2]).  You will be pleased to know
that I will be fired in about two weeks. :-)

Existing proposals are not affected by the new PDP; they can still be
discussed at the meeting.  The PDP transition could start at Section
5.2 of AFPUB-2010-GEN-005.  I suggest following that section as from
now instead of Section 2.5 of AFPUB-2008-GEN-001.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2010/001125.html
2. http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-005.htm