[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [AFRINIC #48464] Buik whois data access request

Tobias Knecht tk at abusix.com
Thu Jul 1 09:33:39 UTC 2010

Hello,

> I'm in favour of including the emails into the bulk data.
> I guess bulk data transfer already comes with an agreement to not abuse
> the privilege.

That is true. But for example RIPE stopped offering their bulk access
due data privacy issues.

> Also, the alternative is simply doing 611 whois queries.
> And I guess the purpose of bulk transfers is to avoid this.

There would be another thing that would make sense in my opinion.
Offering split files openly as RIPE is doing. That makes things much
more easy, if you can find out that a handle is connected to more than
one AS you not even need 611 queries.

Example for this would be here:
ftp://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/dbase/split/

Thanks,