[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [AFRINIC #48464] Buik whois data access request

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Jul 1 09:10:30 UTC 2010

Hi Ke,
At 23:23 30-06-10, Ke Wang wrote:
>Your Name:  Ke Wang
>Your Organisation:  Google Inc
>Policy Afected: No email address included in the ASN whois bulk data
>Date: 2010/06/29
>
>Proposal: Add the real contact email address into the ASN whois bulk
>data, or some other dataset if want to keep the current one intact.
>
>Incentive:
>We (Google Inc) are developing a tool to help the owner of ASNs get
>notification when malware detected in their network. We need the
>contact email address of the ASNs to initiate the sign-up process. We
>have signed the application form agreeing on all the use terms.

If you would like to submit a policy proposal, please see
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2008-GEN-001.htm for
information about the Policy Development Process.  If you have any
questions, you can post them to this mailing list or send them to the PDP-MG.

Tobias Knecht has written a proposal about the information provided
in Whois for abuse reporting (
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-002.htm ).  The
ASN policy (
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2004-ASN-001.htm ) may
also be relevant.

I'll comment on the bulk Whois data, if that is the problem, once I
receive information about it from AfriNIC.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy