[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Wed Jun 16 17:58:42 UTC 2010

On 16/06/2010 11:32, Tobias Knecht wrote:
> bulk whois is as I know not available in the AfriNIC region. And even if
> it would be able, it would be to complicated and expensive (RIPE was
> selling this service) for reporters to use it and implement it. The
> barrier would be to high to reports abusive behavior and that would be
> the wrong way.

Regardless of how noble your cause may be I don't think that free
unlimited queries against the whois must be permitted. This is in fact
an operational issue and thus outside the scope of policy discussions -
that said:-

If you have a specific operational requirement then discuss it with the
AfriNIC staff - they are a friendly bunch :-) If they can accommodate
you then I'm sure they will but if your requirement has some financial
impact on the running of AfriNIC then I think that AfriNIC board would
be well within their rights to recover the costs from you.

regards
--
Graham Beneke