[pdp-mg] Re: community - Re: [AfriNIC-rpd] About AFPUB-2010-GEN-001

Vincent Ngundi vincent at ngundi.me.ke
Fri Apr 9 06:10:52 UTC 2010

Hi SM, All,

See my response inline.

> >Clearly there is an important issue with using the word "comunity"
> >in the PDP. I would
> >like to recommend that in any future revisions of the PDP inlcuding
> >the current attempts
> >to re-develop the PDP, the word "community" should be qualified at
> >every instance so that
> >it is clear what is being refered to.

I would recommend that we have a "definitions section" in SM's proposal that
defines the various variants of "community".

> McTim added "anyone" to the list (
> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2010/000871.html ).
>
> In the existing PDP, Vincent used "members of the community" in
> Section 2.1.  According to the terms of reference that would be
> "AfriNIC community".

Yes, that is correct, the clarification is contained in the TOR. But I guess
we can make this more clearer in the main PDP document.

> Section 2.2 uses "member of the community" for
> proposals.

That refers to the global Internet community. Again, we may need to be more
explicit in the PDP.

> Section 2.3 mentions that this mailing list is "open to
> anyone from the community".

Again, that refers to the global Internet community.

> Section 2.5 uses "before the community
> endorses or rejects" for the face to face meeting.  That would be
> AfriNIC community.

That would be any member of the global Internet community present at an
AfriNIC face-to-face public policy meeting. We don’t want to develop AfriNIC
policy in seclusion.

Again, I recommend that we have a "definitions section" in SM's proposal
that defines the various variants of "community" and any other relevant
definitions.

Regards,

-Vincent