[Community-Discuss] The Contract

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Aug 1 16:53:46 UTC 2021

Hi Sylvain,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 4:19 AM Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear AfriNIC's Community,

> Le vendredi 30 juillet 2021, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>

> a écrit :

>> In message <

>> 17af40726bd.c1a468ac340728.5536230081885576908 at africaoncloud.net>,

>> Paul Wollner <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net> wrote:

>> >I for one call that at this stage, AFRINIC should be seriously looking

>> into

>> >ways transition it's service to other RIRs to mitigate the risk that

>> >they have mentioned today to the press.

>> Press? What press?

>> Well, anyway, we can come back to that later.

> Hi Ronald,

> Thanks for your email, brother!

>> For now, I just wanted to suggest that before we call the undertaker and

>> florist and start ordering the funeral arrangements, maybe Paul could

>> answer a simple question for me...

>> Spcifically, I am hoping that Paul may be able to tell us all how Cloud

>> Innovantion's actions... at least the ones that are not disputed in any

>> way... comport with the plain language of Section 4(c)(i) of the AFRINIC

>> Registration Services Agreement (RSA):

>> https://afrinic.net/ast/pdf/services/afrinic-rsa-en-201801.pdf

> ~°~

> [...]

> 4. Conditions of service

> (a) Where a member, receiving service under an existing agreement applies

> for a change or a variation of the

> type of such service which AFRINIC has been supplying to it, evaluation of

> such a “change request” will be effected in

> terms of the provisions of clause (2) of the present agreement.

> (b) *Cooperation*:

> *(i) An applicant receiving service under an agreement is at all times

> bound to provide to AFRINIC such *

> *information, assistance and cooperation as may be reasonably required by

> the latter in the provision *

> *of the service.*

> *(ii) Such request for information may also be made where AFRINIC is

> investigating (reviewing) the *

> *applicant’s utilisation of the number resources already assigned to it.*

> (iii) Failure by the applicant, to comply with a request made at above may:

> *(1) entail revocation or withholding of the service supplied by AFRINIC;*

The above section 4 of the AFRINIC RSA is very important and provides the
context in sub-section b (i) and (ii)

> ...Ronald, please, see here [1] for *the purpose* :'-(

> __

> [1]: <

> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-July/004137.html

Others should as well....

>> Paul, if you would be so kind, that would be most enlightening.

> ...maybe not him? any other might want to take this

> opportunity to try to continue to mis-inform us

> that the RSA and the Bylaws are not useful documents

> for Ressource Members; and that only the CPM is :'-(

Ofcourse Paul would have you believe the Bylaws are not useful yet in the
Bylaws section 6 here; https://www.afrinic.net/bylaws#b20-6 states clearly
that;

6) *MEMBERSHIP*
*6.1) Subject to the other provisions of this Article, membership shall be
open to:*

(i) any Person who is *geographically* *based within,* and *providing
services in the African region*, and who is engaged in the use of, or *business
of providing, open system protocol network services; or *

The AFRINIC RSA agreement comes into play because of the above provision so
as to cement the relationship between AFRINIC and the Member.

Cheers,
Noah