[Community-Discuss] The Contract

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 01:11:44 UTC 2021

Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Le vendredi 30 juillet 2021, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> a
écrit :

> In message <17af40726bd.c1a468ac340728.5536230081885576908@

> africaoncloud.net>,

> Paul Wollner <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net> wrote:

> >I for one call that at this stage, AFRINIC should be seriously looking

> into

> >ways transition it's service to other RIRs to mitigate the risk that

> >they have mentioned today to the press.

> Press? What press?

> Well, anyway, we can come back to that later.

Hi Ronald,
Thanks for your email, brother!

> For now, I just wanted to suggest that before we call the undertaker and

> florist and start ordering the funeral arrangements, maybe Paul could

> answer a simple question for me...

> Spcifically, I am hoping that Paul may be able to tell us all how Cloud

> Innovantion's actions... at least the ones that are not disputed in any

> way... comport with the plain language of Section 4(c)(i) of the AFRINIC

> Registration Services Agreement (RSA):

> https://afrinic.net/ast/pdf/services/afrinic-rsa-en-201801.pdf

~°~
[...]
4. Conditions of service
(a) Where a member, receiving service under an existing agreement applies
for a change or a variation of the
type of such service which AFRINIC has been supplying to it, evaluation of
such a “change request” will be effected in
terms of the provisions of clause (2) of the present agreement.
(b) Cooperation:
(i) An applicant receiving service under an agreement is at all times bound
to provide to AFRINIC such
information, assistance and cooperation as may be reasonably required by
the latter in the provision
of the service.
(ii) Such request for information may also be made where AFRINIC is
investigating (reviewing) the
applicant’s utilisation of the number resources already assigned to it.
(iii) Failure by the applicant, to comply with a request made at above may:
(1) entail revocation or withholding of the service supplied by AFRINIC;
(2) be taken into account by AFRINIC in its evaluation for further and
future assignment or
allocation of number resources;
(3) lead to the closure of an LIR and termination of the agreement by
AFRINIC.
(c) Applicant’s use of the service
The Applicant hereby irrevocably:
(i) Commits itself to using the services solely for the purpose for which
it was requested.
(ii) Commits itself to using the services in full and unreserved compliance
with AFRINIC’s policies and
mandate:
(1) without knowingly infringing the rights and/or interests of other users
of such services,
(2) within the limits of applicable laws and/or regulations of the
jurisdiction in which it operates.
(iii) Further acknowledges that AFRINIC may at its own discretion and for
good cause and common
Interest of the stability of the Internet, investigate or cause to be
investigated, the Applicant’s use of
the services by the appropriate and competent authority(ies).
(iv) Hereby binds itself to:
(1) notify AFRINIC whenever its circumstances so change that it is no
longer in need of the
Internet number resources supplied or being supplied to it under a
Registration Service
Agreement;
(2) surrender to AFRINIC within 15 days of the service of the notice at
(iv)(1) above the Internet
number resources supplied or being supplied to it under a Registration
Service Agreement;
(3) update any data submitted to AFRINIC in the context of:
a. an application for a Registration Service Agreement or
b. the renewal of any Registration Service Agreement
whenever such data have been the subject of amendment, change or have
become outdated.
(d) AFRINIC will comply with all applicable data protection and privacy
laws of the Republic of Mauritius in its
handling of data and information submitted to it by the Applicant in
furtherance of an application for services
and use thereof.
[...]
~°~
<https://www.afrinic.net/membership/agreements#rsa>

...Ronald, please, see here [1] for *the purpose* :'-(
__
[1]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-July/004137.html>

> Paul, if you would be so kind, that would be most enlightening.

...maybe not him? any other might want to take this
opportunity to try to continue to mis-inform us
that the RSA and the Bylaws are not useful documents
for Ressource Members; and that only the CPM is :'-(

Shalom,
--sb.

> Regards,

> rfg

> [...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)