[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue May 28 12:36:24 UTC 2019

Benjamin,

Let’s see – you have a public document – a document that is clearly and totally in the public domain.  You have an individual who was a named party in that document – who chose to share that document.  You have an active attempt by the board to sanction that individual for engaging with the community who he is meant to serve.  You have a statement by the chair of the board that the CEO does not serve the community but instead serves the board.

Effectively – you have a board attempting to censor the CEO from engaging with this community – in a bottom up organization that by legal representation during the IANA transition committed to the concepts of self determination of members and transparency and bottom up approach.

  1.  That constitutes micro-management
  2.  In constitutes a total and utter failure of the board to adhere to the principles sworn to in the foundation of the organization in the original ICP2
  3.  It shows a total disregard for the obligations set out in section 3 of the bylaws to keep members informed of all things pertinent to the company

What I see here – is nothing short of disgraceful – and I find it absolutely shocking that any board member who has a shred of ethics – would not have resigned in light of what is in those documents.  It is a slap in the face of this community – and the entire global RIR system – and I am disgusted and appalled.  I would say to Serge as a starting point – if you have no shame – resign – now.  I would say to the chair for your abject failure – resign – now.  I would say to every member who consented to the final sections of that document – resign – now.

Andrew