[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue May 28 13:18:34 UTC 2019

Thinking about the CEO, reading the minutes (
https://www.afrinic.net/ast/pdf/2019-minutes/20190305-minutes.pdf ) - I
think the best way out for the AfriNIC community is if the whole board
resigns - just leave the CEO. Andrew has got it right.

On 2019/05/28 14:36, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Benjamin,
>
> Let’s see – you have a public document – a document that is clearly
> and totally in the public domain. You have an individual who was a
> named party in that document – who chose to share that document.  You
> have an active attempt by the board to sanction that individual for
> engaging with the community who he is meant to serve.  You have a
> statement by the chair of the board that the CEO does not serve the
> community but instead serves the board.
>
> Effectively – you have a board attempting to censor the CEO from
> engaging with this community – in a bottom up organization that by
> legal representation during the IANA transition committed to the
> concepts of self determination of members and transparency and bottom
> up approach.
>
>  1. That constitutes micro-management
>  2. In constitutes a total and utter failure of the board to adhere to
>     the principles sworn to in the foundation of the organization in
>     the original ICP2
>  3. It shows a total disregard for the obligations set out in section
>     3 of the bylaws to keep members informed of all things pertinent
>     to the company
>
> What I see here – is nothing short of disgraceful – and I find it
> absolutely shocking that any board member who has a shred of ethics –
> would not have resigned in light of what is in those documents.  It is
> a slap in the face of this community – and the entire global RIR
> system – and I am disgusted and appalled.  I would say to Serge as a
> starting point – if you have no shame – resign – now.  I would say to
> the chair for your abject failure – resign – now.  I would say to
> every member who consented to the final sections of that document –
> resign – now.
>
> Andrew

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496