[Community-Discuss] Target large communities (was: Community-Discuss Digest, Vol 252, Issue 1)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sun Jan 21 13:06:43 UTC 2018

Hi Owen, Mohammed,

At 07:13 AM 18-01-2018, mohammed at ntc.gov.sd wrote:
>At first, sorry for sending this as an HTML-formatted message.
>The table below represents a number of information sources that seem
>to be reliable. The source of the information is on the first
>column, and the table contains the number of the most widely spoken
>languages in Africa. "N/A" means the language didn't show up on the
>list, numbers are the order in which the language appears.

Thank you for providing some statistics.  I have not verified the
statistics to find out whether they are reliable or not.  Christophe
commented [1] that people who reside in Africa would be aware that
the numbers can be misleading.  The membership is the closest  sample
group available.  The feedback [2] which I received from a few
members is that it would be easier for them if information is also
available in French.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1.
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2018-January/001828.html
2. Please do not read that as meaning that I do not take the views of
the community into consideration.