[rpd] Clarifications :AFPUB-2020-GEN-003-DRAFT04

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Thu Jun 2 04:44:40 UTC 2022

Dear Policy Liasion,

The current Policy manual section 3.4.1 reads below

3.4.1 Draft Policy Proposal

During the development of policy, draft versions of the document are made
available for review and comment by publishing them on the AFRINIC website
and posting them to the rpd at afrinic.net mailing list. Each draft policy is
assigned a unique identifier by AFRINIC and the AFRINIC website shall also
contain the version history and the status of all proposals.

*The draft policy shall be available for review for at least four weeks
before the next Public Policy Meeting.* The author(s) shall make the
necessary changes to the draft policy according to the feedback received.
The Working Group Chair(s) may request AFRINIC to provide an analysis
(technical, financial, legal or other), of the impact of the draft policy
proposal.

As You can see clearly the draft proposal must be submitted for review four
weeks before the next public meeting. The PDP Working Group (WG) Guideline
and procedure Draft 04 was submitted on 24th May 2022. This clearly does
not allow for four weeks for discussion.

Please I would like you to comment on this

Secondly yesterday you claimed that you are yet to begin the implementation
of this policy, however, clearly, you have begun the implementation with
the Co-chair selection process you are currently using. I would like you to
point me in the right direction in the current PDP manual that allows you
to use the method that you are currently using.

Thank you

--
Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal