[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection - Outcome

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Jun 1 19:04:26 UTC 2022

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022, 22:36 ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE, <oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng>
wrote:

> You are determined on what to do and like the so called  consensus today
> when the author himself admitted that there is a controversial clause

Hi Abdulkarim,

I think what we have here is a misunderstanding and please allow me to
drive my point home here on list.

Firstly as one of the authors, I did not admit that there is a
controversial clause, and its great that all the discussions are on record
for all of us to review online.

When I was responding to participants comments online and onsite on the
issue of selecting co-chairs through the consensus approach which is one of
the preferred propositions we as authors have suggested as an option for
cochair selections to this working group... I rightfully and honestly
stated that this has been the issue we have been going back and forth with
for far too long yet its already addressed.

To build my argument, I went on to explain that this working group has in
fact selected its co-chairs in the past by consensus. And in fact the
current co-chairs were also selected by this working group through the very
process yet some participants of the WG find this very selection process as
an issue yet it has been used in the past.

I also pointed out that Mark Elkins agreed with the same school of thought
ref; the consensus process and that it actually works as its open and very
transparent.

The PDP process allows the working group during the last call to further
engage so that rough consensus that was achieved can lead the working group
to achieve consensus.

Lets us continue to engage imho.

Cheers
Noah