[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Candidates Matrix

Emem William dwizard65 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:48:27 UTC 2022

Dear Mirriam,

The fact that you, Caleb, Jordi and some few others did not like the former
co-chair does not mean he was a disaster. Anyway you are entitled to your
opinion about him and I leave it at that since your opinion does not
translate to money in the bank. At least for a fact and from all
indications, I know that @Caleb has always been jealous of his success and
would always stop at nothing to pull him down; I cannot be surprised by
whatever he says. Caleb, just keep grinding, one day your efforts might pay
off. I am sure that if we dig into yours too, we will see some personal
interests in it.

To the real issues.
1. The criteria that co-chairs should be nominated by a resource member was
disagreed to in here, therefore it cannot be used.

2. Policy liaison needs to tell us who the nominators of his forms are and
they verified that they are not admin contact of resource members. Below is
the message I got from the person who did the nomination word for word:
" Don't mind Afrinic staff, they are acting as 3rd force here. The two
nominees are resource members; the 1st was by Econet SA and the Second
nominee was clearly Unilorin. Both are resource members. They just need to
do their homework properly. They were asking for personal information in
the forms. Afrinic staff just need to do their homework properly. We do not
deal with that on the mailing list."

This, I believe, is not only written in simple English but is also self
explanatory.

Cheers

On Fri, 20 May 2022 at 22:12, Mirriam <mirriamlauren at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Emem and PDWG
>
> Going by criteria J.
>
> J. The intended volunteer must be endorsed and/or nominated by a
> registered contact of an  AFRINIC Resource Member.
>
> Your dear Mr.Faruk nominators and seconders don't even exist as per the
> matrix.
>

> Just to note that the PDP does not need such academic qualification. You
> remember we had one of the recent past co-chairs who is a Dr. PhD. The PDP
> turned out to be a complete total disaster for the PDWG participants.
>
> The PDP is not about being an academic Dr. or Prof with PhDs. The PDP is
> about understanding how to gauge consensus and how to follow the PDP as a
> co-chair and this does not need what you are talking about Mr.Faruk as his
> academic qualifications are outside the scope of the PDP.
>
> I have been attending the past two PPM where Darwin has been cochair and I
> am confident like many other participants in his ability.
>
> I will go with Darwin based on real data and his performance.
>

> Seems like Titles are a thing now, please allow me.
>
> Mirriam
> Daughter of the Nile
> The Nubian Queen
> The Last of the Dora Milage Warriors
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 5:59 PM, Emem William
> <dwizard65 at gmail.com> wrote:

*Emem E. William. **OND (Computer Science), BSc (Telecommunication).*
Plan Control Manager (ISDP) at Huawei Technologies
Member of IEEE, ISOC
Member of Amnesty International.
Phone: (+234) 703 370 7621.