[rpd] AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy (Draft-2) - AFPUB-2020-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 22:27:44 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Irrespective of the need for the AFRINIC Organization to have a stable and
functional inter-RIR transfer policy, there are various valid objections
that this policy proposal present like it’s like of reciprocity, the
utilization of vague languages in its definitions. According to the section
3.3.5 which stipulates “If the source is from another region and the
recipient is AFRINIC member, then allow "Any", and then mark the
transferred resources as "Global" - lack of reciprocity, and the use of
“any”, what is “Any” this can be misinterpreted and can mean literally
“any”thing. Likewise, in section 3.4, “the resource must qualify for the
type of transfer requested”. There is no definition of the types of
transfers making it vague.
Finally, this policy proposal gives too much power and authority to the
bureaucracy of the organization especially in the section 3.6, conditions
on the recipient; with the monitoring of the recipients previous usage,
current use, and intended/future usage of the resources. This feels and
looks like micromanagement.

Best regards.
Elvis.