[rpd] Appeal Committee Appointment

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Oct 13 16:45:07 UTC 2021

> On Oct 13, 2021, at 00:28 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2021, 09:58 Paschal Ochang, <pascosoft at gmail.com <mailto:pascosoft at gmail.com>> wrote:
> They were appointed not elected. And yes with the recent series of events there are reasonable grounds to doubt such appointments, even though the current process of forming the AC does not call for an election.
>
> If you doubt your leaders, change them and stop complaining.

Perhaps I missed it… What is the procedure for those not on the board to change the constitution of the appeal committee?

As to the board, your advice is absolutely correct… People should seek to get new board members. Unfortunately, the nominating committee has a tendency to present a less than
diverse slate of candidates, in one case going so far as to appoint a known criminal to the board unopposed.

> What is there to reflect on?
>
> A STOP to the sectarian and regionalization mentality. Its divisive and should have no place in our diverse community.

Also agreed… I think that the regionality requirements in the board election process have done nothing but harm to AFRINIC and the AFRINIC community.

> PS: While board directors are elected by the wider membership based on regions, they dont serve the regions. Their voluntary role towards service to AFRINIC and AFRICA.

Well… That’s the theory anyway. I’m not sure it actually works as advertised.