[rpd] INTER-RIR TRANSFER POLICIES and the NUMBER RESOURCE SOCIETY

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 02:08:21 UTC 2021

Hello Noah
Thanks for sharing it. Intresting stuff.

Reading this with attentiom I get each day more convinced that it has been
actually a good thing that AfriNic didn't have a Inter-RIR Transfer Policy
so far.

Imagine how much IP resources would have been sent away from Africa if this
was already in place. And for what ? To fill someone's pocket with money
without any interest on African Internet Development.

Despite any positives points of a Inter-RIR Transfer Policy while there are
still these types of tentatives to have a Inter-RIR policy by force and by
any cost it does not seem to be a good idea to have one in place.

The shared message in question have no shame to clearly tell members to
simply sell their resources and get them sent out of the region.

Does anyone really beleive that anyone supporting a Inter-RIR Transfer
Policy with these arguments is concerned with Internet Development in
Africa ?

It is very well known that the proposal in question that had its discussion
missmanaged and a lot of controversies is awaiting for the Appeal Committee
to analyse it.
But the message and some people who wish ro have it at any costs are quiet
confortable to simply ignore the PDP and hope the Board will ratify it
regradless the due process.

Does anyone think that people willing to rush this policy using these
arguments and methods want any good for Internet in Africa ?

I will keep waiting patiently for the Appeal Committee to analyse the
appeal in place and afterwards for a proper Inter-RIR Transfer proposal to
be discussed and reach consensus at the right time when this does not mean
a threat to AfriNic resources anymore.

Regards
Fernando