[rpd] PDWG Co-Chairs Recall Request

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jul 30 00:21:24 UTC 2021

> On Jul 29, 2021, at 12:44 , Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:

> For quiet a while in PDWG we have pretty much the same group of people who have been trying hard to force a couple of things into PDWG and AfriNic and which fortunately have been failing on all of them. This is becoming every day more evident and as much they get turned down on their tentative they keep trying in a loophole hoping that at some point they will hit something, but fortunately they keep failing on ALL their tentatives.

I would argue that it is three same groups of people…

One group consists of those who believe that the governing documents should be interpreted literally and enforced as they are written. This group has had some successes and some failures over the last few years.

One group consists of those who believe that the governing documents should be interpreted within some nebulous context and thus to have meanings not plain in the text of the documents, but sourced from this so-called context. This group has also had some successes and some failures over the last few years, but this group now seems to have the backing of the AFRINIC board in corrupting and perverting the interpretation of policy in an effort to seize powers never actually granted. This is a very dangerous path and I hope that we can steer AFRINIC off of this path before it goes over a cliff.

One group which does not appear to be ideologically aligned with either group and just wants the battle between the other two groups to end without some form of mutual destruction.

> Their way to do things are pretty much static and the very same people repeat the same stuff over and over and over again and there are occasions where it seems the messages were all drafted by the same person. It is too naive from some of them to believe there are much community members who don't notice this. Below a list of the stuff this same group tried and it shows the links between some of these episodes and the type of controversy or even wrong things they keep trying for:

In fairness, I’m pretty sure that Noah, Arnaud, and Marcus each draft their own text, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Owen
(Who also drafts all of his own text)