[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Jun 15 18:33:25 UTC 2021

Oga Yakmut,

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021, 20:04 Daniel Yakmut, <yakmutd at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If I will add, if the problem wasn't well stated or defined, could it also

> mean that there was no problem in the first instance?

Not so fast......

My earlier post was about fixing the DPP problem statement. May I remind
you that DPP problem statements actually never get into the CPM but a clear
problem statement goes to best inform the PDWG better hence the previous
statement in my earlier post.

> Then we can possibly say that the policy is a non issue and should be

> discarded.

Again don't jump to conclusions especially if your statement above is not a
valid objection.

Read the policy text itself and If my memory serves me correctly, Ben
Maddison had an issue with the draft policy text not clearly stating that
AFRINIC shall deploy a completely separate TAL to handle AS0 ROA.

Lastly, its been clarified time and time again that resource members shall
have an option whether to use AS0 TAL or not...

So as someone who supports the policy, I say it is relevant imho and that
is why I was trying to understand why Job in 2019 supported the APNIC
version but doesn't like the same idea in the AFRINIC region thus the point
I was making on on problem statement specifically and not draft policy
itself.

Cheers,
Noah