[rpd] balancing operators vs other participants in the PDP - was Re: Last Call - RPKI ROAs...

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:10:42 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Hope you are doing well!

...the topic looks as it's about the right to
participate
to the PDWG :-/

Le ven. 11 juin 2021 10:34 AM, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks for the timely reminder Sylvain

Thanks for joining the discussion, Mike.

...at your service brother :-)

Apologies for the late response :-/

> I think we may need to expand on the concept of “transparency”.

If you want to suggest something to
start with, i'll be interested to look at it.

...i see the following on Cambridge Dict [1]:

~°~
transparency noun (OPEN)

[ U ] <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/help/codes.html>
the quality <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/quality> of
being done in an open
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/open> way without
secrets <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/secret>:
We want <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/want> more
transparency in government
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/government>.
~°~
__
[1]: <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/transparency>

> The challenge many of us have is that the discussion is transparent, but

> the background and motivation of many participants is not transparent.

...i'm sure this will not change, later or soon, brother.
Yes, there are real concerns about personal
motivations of participants, that is why
we needed good PDWG's Chairs and why
participants should first adhere to the PDP.

...but, there is a say [2] in french:
"A beau mentir qui vient de loin"
...trying to translate as:
"A person who comes from afar can easily lie"
...or may, more meaningfully:
"It is easy to lie about things which appened afar"
__
[2]: <https://fr.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%A0_beau_mentir_qui_vient_de_loin>

> Any thoughts if such transparency is desirable (or required)?

...maybe desirable, but seems unachievable, imho :-/

If someone have interesting ideas, we can try :-)

Why not.

Any suggestions how we increase the transparency of participants (if

> desirable)?

...yes! someone could have good ideas about.

Shalom,
--sb.