[rpd] Anonymity & Profiling Internet Community Members?

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:35:11 UTC 2020

Dear RPD-er,

Hope you are healthy !

I want to bring to your attention something that i think *should* be
clarified, as kickly as possible, in this PDWG (Policy Development
Working Group). So, please these are some questions to consider :

___

|—•Q1. Is it possible (Policy Development Process—PDP speaking)

or authorized to contribute anonymously in this PDWG?

|—•Q2. If there are *real* concerns with anonymity [1], how could we

build a CoT (Chain of Trust), at least in 'part' of the *Internet community*
involved in our regional's PDWG?

|—•Q3. Which type of profile, you think, is appropriate to identify

a typical *Internet community* member?

|—•Q4. Is a PDP which is not allowing anonymous participation is

in conformance with the definition of an *Internet community*
member?

|—• Q5. Is anonymity an *acceptable* alternative, or not, for an

*Internet community member willing to participate in this PDWG?

——

Note that i have seen at least a DPP (Draft Policy Proposal) where
anonymous participation were proposed...

...so, i want to check in first place if a policy could be considered
in order to finally clarify these anonymity [1] things.

Please let me know, even if you think there is no matter :-)

I look forward to reading you soon !

Thanks.
__
[1]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymity>